Friday, May 2, 2008

Today's Racquetball Battle With Chris

Today was yet another day of racquetball war with Mr.Chris.

racquetball_player_ready_to_serve_hg_clrI got to test out my new equipment, which just so happened to be bought for me by none other than Chris himself.  I tested out my new Wilson Titanium Pro racquet and was expecting to crush Chris, since my racquet claims to have crushing power.  Unfortunately for me crushing power was not on my side today.

In the end, we wound up playing 4 games of 11 points.  Chris one the first one, I won the second, then Chris one the third, and just went Chris was about to win the fourth and final game (he was up 10-4), I came back with an 7 point streak to win the final round 11-10.

Two things I think we both need to work on in order to improve our games is our serves and ball control.

Right now, we wind up fouling a lot of serves and handing the serve over to the other guy.  Also, we don't seem to use a lot of variety in our serving techniques; every once in a while we will try and switch it up but that usually results in a foul!

Ball control is another big factor. While our ball control has been improving, it could still definitely use some help.  A lot of kill shots wind up skipping along the ground before hitting the back wall as well as our backhands tend to not control the ball nearly as well as our forehand shots.

No comments: