Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My Goggles Keep Fogging, Help!

racquetball gogglesI know a lot of people have issues with their goggles fogging up, so rest assured you are not alone. As a matter of fact I've had it happen to me quite a few times.

Most people immediately head to the store to try and find some sort of chemical spray to prevent it.  Some may work, and some don't, but in the end, I personally don't want my eye balls an inch away from some potentially hazardous chemicals.

Typically, the reason your goggles fog up, is from the condensation from the sweat that runs down from your hair.  So instead of trying to figure out a solution for your goggles, figure out one to keep the sweat from coming down into your racquetball goggles.

What I recommend doing is picking up a sweat band or two.  Sure you might look like captain racquetball from the 1980s, but are you out there dressed to impress? Or are you out there to enjoy kicking your opponents butt? 

So apply a sweat band to your forehead/hair region.  Depending how badly you sweat, the head band will most likely get saturated with sweat before you are done playing and the sweat will start to make its way down to your goggles causing more fogging. 

In this situation there is one of two very simple solutions.

A) Twist the band, so that the sweaty part is now at the back of your head

or

B) Change into another headband.

If you are really lazy, and don't feel like doing that much laundry, another thing you can do is try to find goggles that are better vented to allow more of the condensation to find it's way out of your goggles.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What about people (like me) who sweat from the areas covered up by the goggles? It isn't a problem of sweat getting from the outside the goggles to the inside, it's a problem of sweat and moisture originating from inside the goggle'd area.

Any tips?

Unknown said...

(I forgot to check the option to email me follow up questions, so i am making this post)

Anonymous said...

What about me? My Balls sweat a ton and that fogs up my goggles. I think however the problem is more from stink than sweat.

Do you have any suggestions?