Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Control The Middle Of The Court

center position racquetball One of the major things I contemplated when I first started playing racquetball aside from the rules of racquetball, was what was the ideal place to try to position yourself while playing.  At first I thought sitting back was a good idea, but then I had difficulty getting to those short bounce kill shots.  So I did some reading, and I learned that the ideal place to be positioned is smack dab in the middle of the court.

Being positioned in the center allows you to be able to get to any part of the court in the least possible amount of time.  If you happen to get stuck near the back of the court and your opponent is in the center court, you need to try your best to get him out of this position so you can take it over.  What I suggest doing is hitting the ball in a manner that will cause it to arc backwards towards the far wall.

When he or she backs up for the ball, this gives you the perfect opportunity to regain the center position and give you the advantage.

No comments: